Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

"I have never read a review...

...where the person said he made boxes out of various materials and compared them and the acrylic was best. I also doubt it would be."

On what basis? Have you done the experiment?

Resonances in audio systems introduce tonal colorations and suppress resolution of details in the source material. Resonances can be manipulated to make the colorations euphonic, but they will still suppress details. Users with poor or defective upstream components may find they prefer this suppression to the ugly truth.

"Magnepans more than any speaker can be said to be musical instruments themselves."

If you want to see speakers that are musical instruments in themselves, look at the Bosendorfer, Lumen White, and Sonus Faber lines.

We have such completely different audio goals that there is not much more to discuss. My goal is to reveal as much of the music in the recording as the format allows, not to decorate recordings with pretty resonances. Magnepans can be tweaked to reveal music, but not by adding resonances.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.