Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Nope. I dropped out.

After the CES show a couple of years ago, I realized my room was too small to show the Gilmore speakers to their advantage and terminated the relationship. There would have been no point in trying to demonstrate the speakers when I could not provide a listening position sufficiently far back to allow the ribbon and woofers to blend.

I'm simply Mark's friend and reporting what I've found to be true with these amps. They really are that good with low-impedance loads like Magnepans, where tube amps of reasonable size and power dissipation cannot exert sufficient control. I thought the InnerSound amp was a good match for the Magnepan bass panels, but even that size of linear amp does not fully control the speakers.

I don't know how well users with high-impedance speakers optimized for SET amps would like the Raptors: most of the damping is built in to the speakers by design and increased damping in the amp adds little. These amps have little distortion, and some folks I know seem to like the sweetening of SET second harmonics.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.