Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Made changes and..

Good start, The high end problem is likely the result of the reflectiveness of your room and possibly your electronics as well.

The empty sheetrock wall behind the speakers is very reflective, you have a hardwood floor only partially covered by a rug,and a large window right behind your listening position.

There are all sorts of room treatments you can apply to address the makeup of your room. Search this site or see articles in the MUG Home option. There are echo busters which can be placed in corners, there are devices to defract the sound on portions of the rear wall, the list goes on. Some of these devices can be expensive and run up against the WAF. Some less so

Changing the toe-in of the 1.6s and altering the vertical tilt can also have a large impact. Adding aftermarket stands like the Mye Stands can also bring much improvement to the bass and the soundstage.

Mye stands are expensive so you won't want to buy them now if you're definite about upgrading to the 3.6's. But if you stay with the 1.6's or get the 3.6's get Mye stands for them. They make a difference. Grant Vandermye, the owner/designer of Mye Sound is a member of this forum. He has a website, but I'm not sure the rules of the forum allow me to mention it in this post.

Finally, you seem really anxious to get the 3.6's. Personally I would wait until I resolved the issues with your listening room before I made that committment. Again, the 3.6's may or may not sound better than the 1.6's in your room even after you've applied room treatments. Your room is on the small side for speakers that large. They will also visually dominate your moderate sized living room much more than the 1.6's. The 3.6 panels are 6 inches taller and 5 inches wider. It doesn't sound like much, but they're big.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Made changes and.. - MaggieLover 09:36:24 12/10/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.