Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Made changes and..

Measured my room again. It's 15' wide and 16' long. The wall behind the speakers is 12's wide with a 3' passage on the right. Ceiling height is 10.5' with a floating false ceiling 2.5' from all sides at 9.5' from the ground.

Based on both suggestions and using the calculator on the Cardas site, I have the speakers about 4.5' out from the wall. The left speaker is 39" from the left wall and the right one is 60". I've moved the listening position forward by 1' from earlier and sit between the two speakers. This position has had no WAF issues (yet). Below are some photos of the room with the new placements.

My intitial observations are: The sound has become more 3 dimensional. Bass levels are the same but it has become tighter and faster with almost no boom. Voices seem to have become more forward and upfront too. There seems to be no major change in the top end brightness that I have been experiencing earlier. There has definitely been a VERY audible impmrovement. CD's played - Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams, Sarah Mclachlan - Afterglow, INXS - Definitive & Patricia Barber - Mythologies. It's afternoon here right now, will do some more critical listening tonight and report.

Given that this speaker placement makes a huge difference, can I expect a further improvement by using the 3.6's or ML Odyssey's? I am hoping to cure some high end brightness and maybe an improvement in the midrange with the upgrade.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.