Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Quad 2805 First Impressions

Glad to hear your speakers have arrived and you are happy with the performance. It is pretty difficult not to like a Quad!

Your set-up sounds near ideal for your room and the speakers. Of course, tweaking is always in order. But I think you have them right. Part of the reason bass performance is so good in your room is the closeness of your listening position to the rear wall. This is an excellent way to reinforce the bass performance of any speaker without much drawback as long as the wall behind your head is treated. Sounds like you have that covered. I personally like to sit closer to the speakers, around 6-7', but this is largely a matter of taste and overall set-up. The closer you are to the speaker the less the room will be in play at higher frequencies, say 500Hz and up.

Funny you brought up Allison Kraus. I have the same disc and the sonics/music are just outstanding. Definately a great way to show off the qualities of the Quad. Just picked up the new MFSL live album. Takes things both musically and sonically a step further.

Whether the music is blue grass, jazz, classical, etc., you would be hard pressed to find a more natural and musical speaker. For many folks a set of Quads will be the last speaker they own. Short of Santa bringing my a set of SoundLab U-1, I can't think of a single speaker I would rather own than a Quad regardless of price, etc.

Enjoy!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.