Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Try different component values

Thank you for sharing your "trial and error" tuning of the MMG crossover. This is just the kind of information for which I was fishing. I've received many wonderful replies to my initial (and subsequent) post(s).

Your experience makes sense. My components are already on order and will be arriving Monday. I plan to go forward with my specified upgrade, but I shall also keep your suggestions in mind. After I'm fully acquainted with the sound of the new crossovers, I may add components as necessary to try your values.

Having said that, do you see any problem with simply adding a .3mH inductor in series with the 2.2mH I'm about to install? There is plenty of room in my crossover boxes to keep them from coupling. Adding caps to each section to reach your values certainly won't be a problem. You're not the first person to mention sourcing industrial capacitors (electrons are electrons) from Allied. I guess I could have saved a few bucks!

I'm hopeful this upgrade will result in a significant improvement. If it does, a modded MMG has to represent one of the greatest bargains in audio equipment.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.