Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: OK ... IMO

It looks like you barely have enough room for the 1.6s in this configuation . WAF may be an issue here since the 3.6's are several inches taller and much wider.

The speaker on the left looks very close to the side wall and with the large piece of audio furniture between the speakers, and the speakers out only 2.5 feet, I'm wondering how much sound stage depth and width you're able to achieve. The part of the room we can see also seems to be very reflective with little on the walls, and hardwood floors with an area rug. Although the speakers may sound nice in this situation, I would think they're not performing at their best in your room.

With regard to using 3.6s, I would think they would be much too tight in that space and might not be able to provide you with the improved soundstaging, smoother highs and more extended bass you would expect from such an upgrade. The ribbon tweeters might sound overly bright and harsh in what appears to be a very live room.

Of course, this is my opinion based up limited information and the photograph you've provided. The 3.6's may sound great there, but I would definitely want a home demo before buying.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.