Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Some may remember I bought a pair of Bev 3

speakers a while back. They are now sitting in my recently completed garage to listening room conversion. I have been playing with their positioning for optimum performance. They really are nice speakers and fill the room with well dispersed, clear sound and beautiful midrange. I do not have them in the position desired for the Model 2's. (sidewalls facing inwards)
My room is very live and I am seeking ways to make it more dead. I am contemplating installing either foam panels or gluing ceiling tiles to the drywall ceiling. I am hesitant on installing sound absorption on the rear walls behind the speakers - but maybe??

Also, for those in the know, I may be detecting a rolloff in the high frequencies. I wonder if this might be remedied by the addition of some tweeters, a la the Decca Levinson ESL 57's??

I will definitely have to add some woofers because the internal woofers are dreadful (as pointed out by some here and confirmed by me)

That be said, they are keepers, although a slight labor of love project.

Any helpful advice appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Some may remember I bought a pair of Bev 3 - audiogatorjim 18:55:33 12/05/06 (16)

You can not post to an archived thread.