Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Got an M&K MX-150 THX for my Maggies... thoughts?

I have the same sub in my HT setup - but with MMG's... It still maakes sense to use a 80Hz crossover for the 1.6's however. In fact the more "well behaved" response below the crossover may assist in getting a smother bottom end. Remember it is the room modes that dominate here - as inspite of some other bipolar purists out there - a sealed sub is the best way to get solid room pushing low frequencies. Linkwitz even says so with his very nice woofered Orion - a sealed sub is the best match. And I think M&K makes one of the best value subs.

I've used three different bass management schemes. First the AVR own system worked pretty well - made the selection of croosover point relatively moot - 80 Hz. I also ran the sub for a while on its own crossover - and though I often had to readjust the sub level for some program sources - the AVR did a pretty good job as well. Now I have a Ultradrive crossover to biamp the MMG's and it also serves as the sub crossover - I've have a mixer between the Crossover and AVR and my other "pure stereo" front ends - all non digital inputs can be directed to the AVR or to the crossover directly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Got an M&K MX-150 THX for my Maggies... thoughts? - gymwear5@hotmail.com 04:30:32 12/05/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.