Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

JM Reynaud Offrandes

Scott, sorry to hear about your room problems and needing to sell your maggies.

Two months ago I blew a tweeter in my 2.5's. I live in Europe so replacing these is not a trivial task. I posted on Speaker General asking ex-maggie owners for speaker suggestions. I wanted something easy to drive, easy to place, made in Europe and not massive floor-standers.

I narrowed down to 3, Harbeth, Spendor and JM Reynaud. In early Nov, I was in Brussels for a meeting, and was able to listen to a pair of JM Reynaud Offrande's, and was immediately sold on these.

These are small foot-print, easy to place (even close to rear wall if necessary)2 driver 3-way speakers. They come with their own stands. They are very wife friendly, if that is a concern ..

I've been living with these for over a month now and these are truly wonderful speakers. I'm hearing things on familiar LP's I've never heard before, particularly in low end and lower mid-range.

I could go on, but this post is long enough and the Planer forum is not the place for a 'box' review. Suffice to say, Offrande's are a more than suitable replacement for an ex-maggie owner. If you want to know more, email me.

There is a US distributor for JMR speakers. I strongly suggest you check these out. Best of all, they are affordable ...

Cheers Brian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • JM Reynaud Offrandes - Brian_T 00:22:53 12/05/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.