Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: SS Vs.Tube Xover

I have the Marchand XM-26 and XM-9. My XM-9 uses upgraded OP2134 op amps instead of the stock op amps. I am using Sovtek 12ax7s in the XM-26.

Overall, I would say the XM-26 sounds very slightly rolled off to me in comparison to the XM-9 but otherwise I think the 2 units sound similar.

The XM-44 and XM-126 can be configured as 3 way crossovers and both share similar architecture with the XM-26 whereas the XM-9 is a somewhat simpler design. One thing I don't like about the XM-26 is that it picks up more noise than the XM-9, probably due to its high (1 Megohm) input impedance.

As far as single ended active crossovers are concerned, I don't think you can go wrong with either the XM-44 or XM-126. You can order the proper filter types from Phil Marchand, he is very willing to work with customers.

I use my crossovers with MG-IIIas. When I owned Typmani 1Ds years ago, I wished I had an active crossover like the XM-44/Xm-126 to use back then! Good luck!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.