Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Room size questions for 1.6 owners

I have had 1.6's in just about this setup. Room size: 13'x15'x8', speakers are against long wall with inside edge 40" out from wall and I sit with my ears about 8' from the tweeters. The tweeters are to the inside, 76" apart inside edge to edge, and toed in enough to focus approx. 2' behind me. The back wall does have two openings a 3'x8' vertical to one side and a 2.5'x6' horiz. directly behind where I sit that open to another room of similar size.

I enjoyed the 1.6's in this setup for almost a year and the only reason I changed speakers was to upgrade to 3.6's. Before the 1.6's I was using MG10's in basically the same position for about 4 years. All three setups worked very well for me.

My audio is integrated with video and I'm continuing to use the 10's for R/L surrounds as I did with the 1.6's. Toss in a MGCC3 center and a pair of MGSS1's for rears and my room is almost full, though I do sometimes consider swaping the SS1's for some MC1's. My room is too small for me to go up to the 20 series and still retain the ability to move through it.

I did not get the Mye stands until I got the 3.6's but I highly recommend them for the 1.6's also.

Hope this helps in your decision, Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Room size questions for 1.6 owners - wwalden 20:47:07 11/22/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.