Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

The endless search for the "perfect" combo....

Ive owned the ATI 1202 220w 4ohm, my experience was earbleeding highs, this was in an untreated room. Bass was thin.
It sounds like you have tried many combos and , unless you have actually heard 1.6s somewhere that you have experienced as being "perfect for your ears", you will continue to search for that combo.
I have owned the Innersound, (not in bi-amp mode), its top end did not have the immediacy on strings that the Pass amps clearly displayed. Many others love the Innersound combo, this is just my experience. Many like the Bryston 4BST.
Your preference to tubes (at the high end) will likely not easily be met by identical amps (at top and bottome) unless you have some big bucks .

Unless you can identify exactly what you are looking for, your search will continue... , but isnt that part of the trek?
You may want to re-post the question as..."what biamp combo have you settled on that satisfies you" and even at that, your preferences and experiences will be different than others.
I have found that, other's experience differ from mine. And my statement "This is the best sounding system or amp or speaker that I have ever heard" may be a true statement for my experience. The world of choices seems almost endless, especially when you factor in other variables such as Power cords, interconnects, dedicated lines,power conditioning, gold/rhodium/silver plated power outlets, positioning of speakers, room geometry, hearing limitations etc etc.
Please excuse my rambling. I am sure other's experince parallel mine.
Enjoy the search.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - The endless search for the "perfect" combo.... - Carl G 08:57:22 11/11/06 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.