Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Thanks for your advice!

To your points, yes, I'm pretty committedd to active bi-amping at this point. I plan to build an external crossover (high-level) so I can use just one pair of monoblocks. But my experience so far suggests that losing the stock Maggie crossover components was a huge step forward. Low power tube amps like some I've tried have a lot better success controlling the speaker elements when wired directly to them, and not dissipating any energy through a crossover network.

I'm trying to audition as much as possible, but I have no local dealer support, so I'm trying to learn from others' experience too. Actually the Rogues are on my short list. But of course, I need two stereo amps (or 4 monoblocks) these days, so I'm not looking at your 150's

I know there are a number of people who have happily bi-amped, and I think there are probably a bunch of different amps that will be more than wonderful, but so far I haven't found the perfect mate.

Thanks again!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.