Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Harbeth Monitor 30 or 40, Duke's speakers, Stirling, Gradients, Orion

Well, they are large, but not wide, but being an Innersound Eros owner, that is one suggestion I can give.

If I did not own electrostatics, Harbeths would be on a very short list of speakers to get. They make their own mid-driver (Radial driver), rather than use a stock OEM speaker. Harbeths are special, with very clear and magic midrange. Not quite up to electrostatics, but pretty damn close. They are very much a music lover's speaker, and something my picky self could enjoy very much.

Also, from what I have read, Spica Angelus are supposed to sound very planar-like. Plus, I think they look cool! (but that's me, I'm weird.) Also, I got to listen to the litte Stirling speakers, a re-make of the classic Rogers speakers. This was at the Rocky Mountain Fest a week ago. While limited in the low bass, they were super clear, open, enjoyable, MUSICAL. One of my favorite sounds at the show, more so then some very expensive speakers. Also, I did get a brief listen to Duke Lejune's Stormbringer speaker, and in my limited listening time, it also impressed me, wish I had time to make it back and listen more sunday.

From what I have read, the Gradient Revolutions are pretty open and neutral. Also, the Linkwitz Orion is supposed to be killer, hope to hear a pair someday. Two friends of mine who also own Innersounds who got the hear the Orions would not give up their speakers for the them, but did admit the Orion was a very, very nice speaker, one that could shame a lot of stuff out there. Not small, though....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.