Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Almost ordered a pair once

Almost ordered a pair once - I was moving from a 25x40 room to my current residence, was quite sure that was the end for my Quads. I was intruiged by the single driver, and ability to place near a wall - I had also noticed your posts in the past, when someone sticks with a speaker for more than a month around here it's a miracle (alhtough I've been 20 years with the Quads now). I had (and have) a pair of Sheldon Stokes Heathkit W5M's to run them with.

As it turned out, my current room is the best ever because the Quads are sitting between rooms with no wall behind for 8' and no wall to the outer sides, and the sofa/wall between them was eliminated through room EQ - monsterous sound, and completely live and transparant. But, if not for that the Carolina's have been the next thing I tried - I epxected slightly different tradeoffs but hoped for the same goosebumps even at low levels.

I watch for speakers with a prepondernace of owners that have longterm satisfaction - vandersteen, harbeth, quad, even ohms - when people stop buying equipment, I start to get impressed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Almost ordered a pair once - longtimequadowner 15:55:18 11/04/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.