Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Couple thoughts/questions ...

Al,

Nice to hear from you - I am taking good care of your old 3.6R's as you can see - lol ...

1. You may be correct on this one - I still would rather see the signal go through good quality copper wire from connector to connector than from connector then through the pin then to another connector. Using the better wire on the tweeter attenuator helps too - I am glad to get rid of that tweeter pin and I notice that you had made up your own wire connectors for the pin. The Cardas pins, by the way, are not banana connectors and these pins much larger than the Maggie pins which gives more surface contact area. The pin metal is a non-magnetic, eutectic Brass, Rhodium over Silver plate - much better stuff than the Maggie connector and much better for signal transfer.

2. Right now the crossover is Velcroed (as I said in one of the above posts) to the solid oak board (It's heavy) and seemes to be well isolated from any panel vibration. I placed my finger on the top of the crossover box when the music is playing and can't feel any vibration at all. I may try some sand bags on the oak boards and/or under the crossover for further vibration dampening but I am not so sure it will help.

Bob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Couple thoughts/questions ... - Bob01605 18:50:11 11/03/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.