Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Couple thoughts/questions ...

Bob

Looks good. I always had been thinking of doing similar but never got around to it.

Couple thoughts:

1. One reasons I had not done it yet ... once the metal plugs are removed, the sound transmission still has to pass through the metal holders for the banana plugs -- I suspect this limits the overall benefit (significantly ??).

Thoughts from forum welcome ???

2. I see the main benefit from the dampening of the crossover.

?? Should the board be a heavier substance to dampen further, the oak is fairly light (looks great though). Or should the platform just be placed off of the speaker stands (probably ideal -- but increases covered floor, not as neat looking)

I am considering ordering two 24" x 11" marble slabs in all solid black to act like your boards but to have more weight for more dampening, at 4 cm thick they would weight close 30lbs each ... to place under my 20.1 crossovers, but on top of the mye stands just like you have the boards. Will run ~$200-250.

The 20.1s also "hang" by the gold plated bars and two thicker but not very well balanced supports -- I suspect the crossover vibrates a lot !!

Thanks

AL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.