Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Alternatives to Quads

You could buy an Acoustat 0ne plus 0ne and place them into the front corners of your room. They will work very well there. With the right color of grill cloth they can vanish. They will not sound up to the 63 but you can work on that. If you build yourself some new panels for them and do a little work in the interfaces I think that they can equal or surpass the 63's. That is just my opinion and as they say "that and a dollar won't buy you a cup of coffee" This is however a possible option that I think would make you and your GF happy. A tall line source ESL will take up the smallest amount of realestate in your home and that should please everyone concerned.
As a complete aside I would also suggest that you consider a set of Mordant Short Genie's with sub. I can say at a set of these run off a fine amp with first class front end and set up well are most impressive. If you were to upgrade the crossover parts and build a really solid cabinets for them they would sound astounding I am sure. They are very small and inexpensive. Just an option to perhaps consider to keep bliss in the home. Best regards Moray James.
moray james

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Alternatives to Quads - moray james 11:38:39 11/03/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.