Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Lewis Muratori is alive and well ...

Nope, I'm an American and live just a couple of hours east of Seattle. From what I've learned, the Flatlines were imported by ?Immedia? in Berkeley, CA, which is why the backplate lists that city. Surprisingly, another pair showed up for sale at Hawthorne Stereo in Seattle (made a point of going there to check them out), so mine aren't the only ones.

I know about SpeakerBits from back when I was using a pair of Tannoys as my mains -- they claim to be the only supplier of authentic replacement surrounds for these Scottish built speakers.

I hope someday to try out an AKSA amp (a friend of mine was building one sometime back, but had to sell it before it was finished due to financial concerns) with the Flatlines and hear what they can do.

I will eventually try to get ahold of Muratori and I just might try your approach. Oh, and thanks for the lead on replacement ribbons. Mine appear to be in good condition, but it's nice to know that there are possible replacements should I damage these while playing around with them.

- JP

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Lewis Muratori is alive and well ... - JP van Son 10:57:09 11/03/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.