Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

10-15 for main system(Maggie) approx 20-30 more for car and Ipod listening at work.

I feel your pain TubeHead. The sound quality through modern devices like Ipods do not come close to my main system (MG10's with two sealed subs).

However, these devices do make music much more accessable to people. Both in means of portablity and access to new music that someone may have not been able to get previously. New musicians can now setup their music to be downloaded for free over the internet. Prior music distribution was relatively exclusive in comparison. I think it also makes music exploration for the average listener much easier. Even if the download is not free, it is relatively inexpensive to explore.

I feel that the modern listening devices offer some advantages. I just hope that the sound quality improves. A friend of mine claimed that the mp3 decoder settings could cause huge difference in sound quality. After some listening tests I would tend to aggree. However, even at the "best" settings for encoding for that particular program, I still hear some differences from playing a CD on my main system as compared to playing the Ipod through my main system.

Some day I may have to do some research at the Digital Asylum to find out the latest and greatest for mp3's.

Good Listening to You,
Brendan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.