Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

+ and -'s of naming brands on this site...

I think it's safe to say that most of us use some model of Magnepans, though I've noticed after being gone a few years that there is quite a mix of speaker brands out there that us inmates are using.

One problem I find from time to time is that there is a post about one component being 'better' than the 'X' brand mentioned. Everyone has different tastes and different things they enjoy and look for, for the overall sound they like, or would like to have.

Several posts back I made a post for all Rogue Audio users. I was suprized there were so few replies! But, I know they are not as well known as a lot of companies. I made a negative comment about how My Rogue 99 pre-amp broke after only a few hunfred hours of usage over several years---I've moved around A LOT in the last few years so that's the main reason for such low listening time.

What I didn't add is that the problem that my 99 had was caused by me...not a problem of the component itself. I regret leaving that part out because the 99, at least in Magnum' version is actually better than anything even 2-3x the price. This is no plug. I assure you I'm in no way connected to Rogue Audio. I just hate to leave people with a bad thought about a component that isn't true.

I use Tara Labs cables (even with my tube setup) because I like my music to be slightly on the darker/warmer etc... side of things. Just my preference.

The point I'm trying to make is that I heard of several brands that several users almost always point to--because they 'work best with Maggies'. Well maybe to them those components and that sound are ideal, but for others, they may disagree completely. Quite a few people do say 'my preferece' etc...which is a great thing. B Then you can learn more about WHAT their preference is, and whether it's close to your own.

I could have written this out a lil better and expressed my thoughts a bit better, but it's 4:48am my time and I'm quite tired...gotta get up a lil before 8am today also...arggg!

If any of you read this post and agree w/ me-or disagree w/ me I'd love to hear it.

Jon aka 'kiefer74'

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - + and -'s of naming brands on this site... - Kiefer74.1 01:52:09 10/30/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.