Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I'm not sure it's as simple as...

copper vs. silver. My strong opinion is that, as with anything else in audio, the three most important factors are implementation, implementation, and implementation, along with a healthy dose of system synergy. After trying out a number of IC offerings from Cardas, Audioquest, Tara, Kimber, etc., as well as a tech-friend's cost-effective homebrew for my 1.6 system, I settled on Kimber Select copper-silver hybrids for my front-end-to-line-stage (CJ Premier 17LS) and line-stage-to-amp (CJ MF2500) links. But I'd hasten to add that that's what sounds right to my ears in this system in this room--with the music I listen to (mostly classical, jazz, film scores, and vocal standards).

If it's feasible, your best bet is to audition at least a few cables from different manufacturers and with different internals on your main system, using familiar program material to see what works best with your Haflers and the rest of your system--and, of course, giving consideration to the budget you have to work with in view of your goal of wiring up your entire HT system.

FWIW.

Jim
http://www.geocities.com/jimtranr/index.html

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I'm not sure it's as simple as... - Jim Treanor 20:42:00 10/29/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.