Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Let's not face it ...

Hi Andy

Thank you for replying. The Quad 57's can and do sound great when they are working as they are supposed to with their standard power supply. That i can attest to.

My question is not really about how to improve it. My question is what did other ESL manufacturers of the time use for their own ESL power supplies that make some people say the original Quad one was whimpy. Is there any real basis for some saying a Quad ESL power supply is whimpy?

Unfortunately, the Quad 57 is the only ESL i have managed to examine thoroughly, personally. I am thus curious how other companies generated their high voltages for their ESL's. There are hardly any other ESL's here in Malaysia for me to look at :(

As for your SOTA comments, my notions about audio progress today are perhaps somewhat different from yours and most audio magazines.....there's hardly any. In fact, i would generally say its more like SOTAR is going on, with A for audio and R for regression. Mind you Andy, that's just my own personal opinion and not a dig at you...

Regards

mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.