Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Rogue Audio owners...speak up!

Rogue products are a fine combination with Maggies. Rogue offers relatively high powered amps for relatively affordable prices. The customer service from Rogue is one the best. I used the M-120 monoblocks Magnum with the 1.6s and the 3.6s. (The only problem I ever had with them is the rectifier blew in one of the amps. Mark O'Brien immediately sent me a replacement and it was easier than changing a light bulb to replace. Other than that, they performed flawlessly.) With a 120 watts of tube power I had no problem in running the 3.6s in my moderately sized room at moderate volumes. The Rogues were replaced with the H2O digital amp and I did notice that a higher powered amp was able to provide some improvements, particularly in the bass, by taking better control over the panels. And, although the H2O has many tube like qualities, it never could reproduce the body, weight and fullness of sound the way the Rogues could. Sometimes the Rogues didn't have enough warmth as I would have liked and were a little too clean, a tad too solid state sounding. And, I wouldn't say the M-120s were the most musical of tube amps that I have heard, but considering all the features it had (a triode/pentode switch, self biasing), it is a good choice for those seeking tube amps with some muscle for an affordable price.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Rogue Audio owners...speak up! - hartwerger 07:56:30 10/26/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.