Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Which 5 channel amp to upgrade classe?

What size Maggies for the rears? same to assume a smaller models, but ya never know.

I agree the Classe amps I've heard were a step-up from the proceeds, though not by too much...and I didn't like the proceed preamp I heard at all, my personal opinion, but it was thin and stale and...well you get the point...granted this was in the late 90's.

But from your question and the prices you listed that what was 1st to come to mind as a decent 5.1 channel system w/out getting into a higher price range.

Sounds like you have a pretty mixed up system in terms of speakers, but if you like the sound combo's that's all that's what's important!

Maybe you couls but your amps seperately through the next year to get the quality you want. I gotta say in most situations i've been in the momo blocks from X brand sounded better than the 2 channel design...though the 2 channel design was always cheaper of course ina almost all cases.

Check out Mark Levinson's previous models, I belive they put a 3 channel and 2 channel model(s) a few years ago...I could be wrong, but it's worth it to check the past posts from these boards here, or even better their website...though I don't think the models exist on their site anymore.

Goodluck!

Jon

aka 'kiefer74'

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Which 5 channel amp to upgrade classe? - Kiefer74.1 00:55:47 10/26/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.