Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: If you're vegan, I assume it isn't a leather couch

That was funny...the couch was cloth. I am not THAT hardcore, I am betting some of my shoes are leather.

I do it for 3 main reasons.

1. Heart disease/ high blood pressure in the family. It would be just a matter of time before the doc pronounced me dead, or told me to cut out all meat...or worse, I had a stroke. Trying to be proactive. I knew a guy when I lived in Chi town...talk about a meat town, who had hassled the hell out of me about not eating meat. He had a similtaneous stroke/ heart attack and fortunately survived. Now we trade Tofu recipes.

2. Modern meat in america is not what I would call natural. I am not one of those "oh the poor animals" people. I just am concerned about all the growth hormones and chemicals they inject the cows/ chickens with. (One nice side effect of this is that 15 year old girls have enormous (audio?)racks these days). Plus, the whole thing being petroleum based instead of sun based is not sustainable.

3. It is cheaper. More money for Maggie.

Finally, animal waste is a huge pollution issue too.

http://www.scorecard.org/env-releases/def/aw_gen.html

Interesting data on you and your brother. Excercise is definatley an important ingredient of any lifestyle, and were it not for Jim Fixx, I would say more important...but you really have to have both. Also there are many many vegetarians that don't have a complete diet, and IMHO that diet kind of leads itself to an imbalance, with dairy being way too relied upon. You are right about moderation. I constantly have to be careful about getting too much protein and not enough carbs.

ANyhow, I never intended to expain all this stuff publicly. It is hard enough to advocate sideways maggie setups let alone "freaky diets"...even if they are sound, cut down on cancer rates immensely, and can solve some environmental problems:

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.