Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Well done for solving the problem ... but Crikey!! :-))

Andy, when using the Cardas method with maggies, placement requires high measurement tolerences. One centimeter either way can make a difference. Also just moving your head from side-to-side will shift the center imaging.

Btw, I bought new speakers, JM Reynaud Offrande's. I was up in Brussels for a meeting earlier this week, and visited 2 hi-fi shops. One of the shops had Offrande's on demo, and I was very impressed. Plus the shop offered a very good deal cos the new Offrande Signatures are coming out very soon. The shop is arranging shipping, and they should arrive sometime next week.

The Offrande's come well recommended, particularly by ex-maggie owners. I know a lot of French made speakers are crap, but Reynaud seems to be doing something right. They are ranked with the better Spendors, Harbeths, and Audio Note's. You might want to check these out if you are still looking for a switch.

Also, I called Magnepan regarding replacing my ribbons, left a message with Karen but she hasn't returned my call ...

Cheers Brian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Well done for solving the problem ... but Crikey!! :-)) - Brian_T 01:10:05 10/20/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.