Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Thoughts/questions...

Figuring on about 3-4' behind the MMGs, with the area open. Nothing in front of them. Maybe plants or a built-bookcase behind 'em... The screen will be painted/mounted (we're going to do some tests with the owner) on a 4' "bumped out" closet. I'm guessing painted will work - light control and he wants big...

This will house the subs underneath, with general storage above. Will not be rear projection. Subs are also not going to be IB - was suggested, and he wants to use the area as a closet too... Masking is probably going to be the hard part - I wish I could buy "black" window shades...

Guy was initially thinking Bose (after all, he wants to spend some $$$ on the home theater, and only wants the best...), and then listened to my living room, and immediately drove over to a Bose dealer, and listened there - instant changed mind...

He's spending more on the seating than he had planned for speakers, but hey... I'm figuring a decent AVR, a nice DVD player, and three pro-sound amps, and he's there... The gear is going to mounted in the rear of the room, at the entrance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.