Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Just rehooked up my MG3a's

My IIIA/ subwoofer setup is pretty well integrated after some experimenting and tweaking. I would definitely try and get the panels set up optimally before introducing that sub. One factor at a time. Make sure your IIIAs are producing nice tight accurate bass that you like, then let the subwoofer fill in the very bottom. Actually, the way it sounds you may be at that stage.

It sounds like the sub is doing something different than your mains- maybe a bit slower and sloppier. Does your sub amp accept speaker-level inputs? That would eliminate the long ICs you speak of, getting rid of a lot of RFI and a long path of resistance for your pre to drive. Also, using high level inputs lets the sub take on the characteristics of the amp you are using to drive the bass panels with, resulting in better coherence.

I run my IIIAs full range, set the sub at 50 Hz. and turn the gain all the way down. Sounds smooth and nearly seemless. Provides a good solidity and kick.

Cory

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Just rehooked up my MG3a's - Cory M. 20:45:57 10/16/06 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.