Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

DAP Adhesives on Mid/bass panel?

IF those that have used it, is it still holding up?

I've had a buzz in my right speaker for some time and realized it's time to do the voice coil relamination. Took the plunge and removed sock and wood sides from my MG.6. And found the "text book" pictures of the curling up wires on the ends of the panels. I've already removed the underlying "green crud" from the mylar with acetone and q-tips and now I'm unsure of my next (idiot proof) route. Of course if I botch it up too bad, I can always have Magnepan fix it for me.

Options:
1) Peter Gunn route with the DAP to hold wires down (Tweaks section) and then follow up with milloxane.

2) ALEX route (Tweaks section also) with the power transformer to hold wires down....and so on...

3) Yet, someone else used a metal rod or allen wrenches to hold down the "banana curved" ends while the process dried. Seems easy enough, couldn't find if they still used the dreaded 3M77 spray or went straight to milloxane to adhere it.

What should I do?, definitely need to act quickly to order the milloxane since I read they quit shipping it Mid-Oct. Already took some pics with my dig. camera pre and post acetone cleaning if anyone wants to tell me I"m on the right track, shoot me an email and I can send pictures.

Any suggestions welcome from the "seasoned DIY'ers"

Rob S.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - DAP Adhesives on Mid/bass panel? - Rob S. 21:47:12 10/11/06 (7)

You can not post to an archived thread.