Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Why is the MG 12 some forgotten middle-sister?

I got my new-to-me used MMGs a few weeks ago as you know and I love them. I came into some money earlier than expected and want to use it to buy an extremely simple, and preferably all-new system. I am hoping to get the Bel Canto integrated with USB input - Bel Canto has very affordable power for driving maggies, gets great reviews.. and for my needs, you simply can not get any more elegant than one small box with USB input, pre amp, and dual mono power amps. No matching components, no interconnects.. just usb > bel canto > speakers.

Any way, everyone loves the MMGs for their entry level price, and 1.5/1.6s, regardless of price.. but NO ONE ever seems to mention the MG 12s. The 12s cost about what I'm willing to spend on my new speakers.. so how come they're never mentioned? Are they not as musical as the MMGs? Are they better, but not enough to justify the price difference? Or is it simply because for the same price as the 12s new, some one could get 1.5s used?

Thanks for your input on my silly question. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Why is the MG 12 some forgotten middle-sister? - rudylwilliam 10:46:10 10/04/06 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.