Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Maggie recommendations

I am looking for some Maggie recommendations.

I currently have a Yamaha M2 Power amp, (350w+350w, .005THD at 4 ohms) and a Yamaha C-4 pre amp, DQ10 speakers.

I am thinking of replacing the DQ10 speakers with maggies, the C4 pre amp with a Yamaha RX-V2600 AV amp (use pre out) and integrating my existing stereo system with a yet to be purchased large plasma TV.

It is not clear how many speakers I want or need, but I would like to use the same speakers for both stereo and home theater.

I currently have a 50” rear projection Toshiba that is almost the size of a fridge and the general plan is that replacing the DQ10’s with white wall mount speakers and the Toshiba with a large plasma so the living room may no longer look like best buy after a bombing.

Magnepan has some inexpensive speakers direct only, would I be happy with them after listening to DQ 10 for 3 decades, or should I go up line for something nicer for equivalent performance?

I also have a Yamaha self powered subwoofer in the room but I never found it desirable or necessary with the DQ-10’s.

Sorry to barge in, forgive the new guy stupid questions, but once every 25-30 years I make a change in my stereo system and I would be grateful for your input,

Thanks in advance,

Buford

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Maggie recommendations - Buford 22:08:37 09/24/06 (18)

You can not post to an archived thread.