Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Innersound Eros III rocks out

I went with electrostatics, since, to me, they have more detail, esp at lower levels (I live in an apartment.) Maggies need to be turned up a bit to open up. I had Quad 63 USA Monitors before, and while they would compress with some of the rock music I like, they excelled with detail at quiet and moderate levels. However, I now have Innersound Eros IIIs, the only hybrid to get the integration between a cone woofer (in a transmission line) and electrostatic panel right. I now have a very physical bass down to the 20s, and dig rock music much more on them then I did on my former Quads (which had their own strengths in other areas, I sure did enjoy the 63s in many ways.) The Innersounds have the best of both worlds, ture electrostatic planar transparency, and REAL bass for us rock/funk/etc fans. The best is to get the Model III version, as it has the arc-proof panels, and of course that's important. My were an earlier version, but I upgraded to the version III panels and a Kaya crossover amp when I had the chance. That may not be possible now.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Innersound Eros III rocks out - mark maloof 13:57:23 09/11/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.