Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: 1.6 passive line xo works!

wherever you introduce a higher impedance, you should keep the higher impedance signal path as short as possible. Ie. you should preferably put both XOs close to the amp. The tweeter amp will be more susceptible because the mains harmonics will go unattenuated to the tweeter, whereaes the music signal is attenuated. So you you are reducing signal to noise ration in a major way, when you allow mains induced noises. BTW i don't like screening either, so really keep the high impedance connections very, very short, and you might get away with a simple non-metal box solution and unscreened cables, which is IMO the most easy and cheap way for excellent sound.

Which mastering of the Klemperer Beethoven 3d do you have? This recording is one of my very few desert island recordings, and the funeral by Klemperer is so hair-raisingly beautiful! But EMI has IMO done mostly disastrous jobs on their remasterings (and a very mediocre one on many new recordings) The analogue recordings were very mediocre too. I have a japanese one which was quite good. I'd like to hear of a good new one on CD...

Isn't the effect of the improved sonics similar to a better photo film emulsion: The gradations of the three coolour layers track much better, so the colours stay balanced and coherent over a much wider range of dynamics (maximal and minimal differenciable light intensities)?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.