Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

RE: Silver LL1931 - my thoughts

I have compared the copper LL1931 to the copper LL1933. Clearly they sound pretty similar, because the only difference between them is the core material. However, there is a sonic difference. Put simply, the LL1931 has a more detailed, resolving character, but some listeners regard the highly detailed presentation as a type of coolness. The LL1933 has a somewhat warmer, but slightly less resolving sound. Another way of presenting the difference is that the LL1933 uses bigger sonic brushstrokes to paint the sound, whereas the LL1931 presents the whole in relatively fine detail.

You might hear the breathing of a close-miked solo performer with real clarity using the LL1931, whereas the LL1933 will allow you to hear the breathing, but it would appear more as background compared to the flow of the music.

With the right recordings cued up these are easy things to hear, but damned difficult to describe with words!

Kevin Carter
K&K Audio
www.kandkaudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.