Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

Yes, they're worth the money.

Last summer I was fortunate enough to have some spare cash to throw at my DIY audio habit and purchased two pairs of the amorphous core OPTs from Kevin, one PP and one SE. The PPs were for a 2A3 PP project that I have only recently got working to my satisfaction. The SE pair were put into a convertible 2A3/45 SET amp and were a definite improvement over the "ordinary" Lundahls (especially frequency extremes and transparency) and I enjoyed them thoroughly while getting the PP (my first PP amp) working. Well, suffice it to say that I have no urge to go back to SET any time soon. The PP amp with the amorphous core OPTs just plays more kinds of music better than the SETs I have built up until now (with a slight edge to midrange-rich SETs for vocals). Unlike David, I did listen through the burn in (yes, there is one). For the first number of hours I didn't know what to expect when I turned the amp on: sometimes the bass and/or highs would disappear, sometimes it would sound harsh and edgy. All this to say that I can only concur with David's opinions. And for TomWh, I listen mainly to jazz but can now rock out as well...

/eyes

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.