Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

RE: Filament Choke Questions and 4P1L Sources

I don't know the configuration that Thomas Mayer is using either. You would have to contact him to understand his "LCL" implementation fully.

The common mode series connection offers the same degree of filtering that the simpler series connection does, but adds a degree of common mode filtering, removing "noise" that is common to both power supply leads. It is worth pursuing for the small, but significant sonic improvement that it brings.

My experience with buying tubes from Eastern European or Russian suppliers on eBay has been mostly very good. If the picture shows 4P1Ls wrapped in the original packing, then it's very likely that they are new. Naked individual tubes shown without the packaging visible are to be avoided. I have never seen a 4P1L that was manufactured by any other than the "Svetlana" (winged C) factory, although I suspect that they exist. I've heard really good sound from tubes produced in the 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s.

Kevin Carter
K&K Audio
www.kandkaudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.