Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

RE: Mu Output of a CCS

I use these current sources in my Trio phono preamp in the input stage, so I can write from experience about them being quiet enough.

It is possible to take the output as you describe, but I have no idea what sort of output impedance this produces or what the frequency dependence might be. You can measure output impedance easily by capacitively coupling a 5K potentiometer between the output and ground. First, with the potentiometer disconnected and a signal on the grid of the input stage you are testing, measure the output voltage. Then connect the potentiometer between the output capacitor and ground with it set for maximum resistance and adjust the resistance downward until the output signal is half of what the open circuit output signal that you measured earlier was. Then take the potentiometer out of the circuit without disturbing the setting and measure the resistance of the potentiometer. This value is the output impedance of the circuit being measured.

Kevin Carter
K&K Audio
www.kandkaudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.