Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

New power amp input stage and power supply kits!

The K&K Audio website will soon feature a variety of PP and SE input stage kits, as well as tube power amplifier power supply kits to make the construction of first class amplifiers easier/faster. The input stage kits are based on circuits that we've worked with for the last 18 months using high transconductance pentodes connected as triodes. The high gain of this class of tubes makes it possible to build 2 stage amplifiers and still have enough gain for good volume with average sensitivity speakers, even without a line stage. Both the SE and PP input stage circuits can be constructed with either capacitor or interstage transformer coupling. The power supplies come in two voltage-capable levels and with and without the soft start feature. They feature FRED rectification and time-delayed application of high voltage, and can be configured for LC or CLC filtering. They are also flexible enough to be used with either traditional center-tapped or modern power transformers. While these designs are significantly less complex than my previous designs, they sacrifice nothing sonically when implemented properly. I've been listening to two different SE 6C33C amps built using this topology for the past 1.5 years, and I am a "converted" two stage amp guy now, where the output tube of choice lends itself to this use. Output tubes such as the 6C33C, and all of the usual audio tetrode/pentode output tubes that can be triode connected are great candidates for being driven by these input stages. Build better-sounding amplifiers with less time invested and have more time to listen to music!!!

-- A picture of the assembled SE input stage board shows one of the three input stages, this one with the facility for either capacitor or IT coupling on the board (although, of course, the IT is too big to solder to the board (:+)).

Kevin Carter
K&K Audio
www.kandkaudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - New power amp input stage and power supply kits! - KevinC 10:55:17 06/23/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.