Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

ST-70 Shunt Regulator installation confusion

Hi Kevin,

I hope you're enjoying your four day weekend.

I have just finished giving my SST-70 a minor disassembly & tune-up and everything seems to be running to spec (though my B+ is about 15V shy of 450V and I have the KT-88s biased at 61mA). I have the shunt regulator PCBs assembled and in place but not wired up yet as I am experiencing a bit of confusion while reading the shunt regulator installation instructions.

While I gather that the shunt regulator PCBs need to have the B+ pad wired to the point on the main PCB where the red center tap of the output transformer meets the B+ (450VDC), I am having problems locating a pad on the main board labelled "VReg" (as referred to in the instructions). Am I to assume this point is referring to the node where C101/201 meets R114/214 & R115/215? And shouldn't I be disconnecting R101/201?

I apologize if this feels like handholding but I tend to be obnoxiously thorough when I build kits and I am feeling a bit reluctant to proceed any further.

Best regards.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - ST-70 Shunt Regulator installation confusion - Brinkman 19:14:04 05/17/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.