Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Fi For Flora -- Matching Speakers

The last ingredient needed for our video-integrated home system is speakers.

Klaus Reck (Reckhorn) of Germany has been developing some rather unique speaker drivers for a couple years now, and they're done. Good timing. Last time he passed through Hong Kong he invited me to the factory to listen to the result of these too-cheap drivers in their 'cabinets'.

He's put a patent on these as they embody some 'outside-the-box' concepts:

* The backwards facing mid bass cone has the same radiating characteristics as the dome tweeter, promising excellent coherence.
* coaxial design
* cast aluminum frame
* bass cone is channeled to break up resonances
* glass fibre voice coil
* neodymium magnets
* German manufacture textile dome, ferrofluid and aluminum wire
* filterless on the bass driver with 10uf film cap + inductor to the tweeter

All this promises full-range quality sound and happens to be a perfect match for the Fusion3 Amp Dac which puts out 80+ watts into 4 ohms.

Does it work?
Splendidly. The boxless cabinets throw an impressive wall-of-sound way outside the speaker boundaries. And they give a very nice taste of full range sound.

The last last ingredient needed was a remote control. We weren't short of those - one each for the Fusion, Samsung flatscreen, Cable box, and Asus EB1501; 4 in total. I bought the Harmony 700 which replaces them all. Programmable from the computer and easy to do. Flora was doubtful when i handed it over but the secret is...hide the other remotes.

Ah, Harmony prevails.
DIY - Done Right!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Fi For Flora -- Matching Speakers - bcherry 01:04:49 08/17/10 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.