Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Fi For Flora: Done! And I Know What Your Thinking...

Where's the pain?

We:
buy an Asus EB1501 netop
connect it to our flatscreen TV with the HDMI cable
Install the drivers and connect the Cleo USB DAC
10 minutes of tweeking settings in W7
install J River Media center v15.xxx
point it to our media library

done!

Can it be this easy and audio-good?
Audiophiles are used to pain, such as the kind only audiophiles know. And disappointment -- because it's never right the first time.

Instead all we get is easy. And convenience. And great looking user interface my wife and all the neighbors love and can use.
And understanding. I'm not sure I can get used to being understood...it's kind of an audiophile's private place.
And great sound (24/192 computer audio is The Great Leap Forward promised by digital so long ago).

J River Media center V15.xxx:
Why this? Why now?
Windows Media Player has a face everyone loves but doesn't do WASAPI and the ASIO plug in doesn't work well.
Album Player works well with ASIO and easy to use for music playback only but we couldn't get the remote to work properly.
J River Media Center is very similar to Windows media center in function (does music, images, movie libraries). All the standard MCE remote functions work well. We set it to run in Kernel Streaming mode and runs without a hiccup.
So for us, J River Media Center is the one. Cost 49USD. Recommended.

Fusion+:
At home we needed a one box uncompromising integrated solution.
The Fusion+ contains:
Cleo USB DAC with Ultimate clock and discrete linear power supply
Ultimate Volume Control and selector with remote control
UTS tube stage driving
Fusion power multiplier amplifier modules for 50 watts out, 8ohms (80watts 4 ohms)
Yup, this has got the organic tube sound we need. I will try to arrange a review of this and will soon offer this for sale as a kit or assembled

Easy is good!
DIY - Done Right!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Fi For Flora: Done! And I Know What Your Thinking... - bcherry 16:57:54 07/06/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.