Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Bottom View

Very nice end result Brian. Very nice layout with flexibility to spare. I think your customers will be in for a very nice surprise when they put one of these in their systems. Congrats on getting the noise way down as you did. It is probably one of the most difficult things to tackle with a DHT preamp but necessary to get all of the wonderful detail that they are capable of giving the listener.
The overall look is your usual understated but professional looking piece of gear. I have not seen your listing for the unit but in my experience using silver wire in such a revealing piece of gear is almost a must especially since the runs are pretty short. A good option at the very least. If I did not have one (DHT pre)already I would certainly give this one a try.
I just have one question about the circuit layout. Is the input capacitor there just to prevent possible DC contamination from upstream components? If that is the case then perhaps a note to builders that it may be bypassed if they are sure upstream gear does not have DC. Just one more step in clarity if it is possible.
Again, congrats on a very fine looking unit.
Tony

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.