Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

My souped-up TDA1541A based Rotel CD player is acting up.

On friday I took possesion of my new CD player: an old Rotel 855 fully "refurbished"with new electrolytics, film caps, Diyhifisupply tube output board and Oversampling off After a few hours of doubt -the cd sounded the same as before being modded: a bit trebly and off-putting- but now after the break-in effect (the machine or my ears), I'm the PROUD owner of this beautiful machine. (All thanks to a good friend of mine -I couldn't change a electric bulb to save my life)
The problem, and this is why I'm asking for your help, is that after some hours of functioning perfectly well the machine starts skipping. I've got the suspicion that it could be an ageing laser or else the fact that I bought huge Siemens polycaps (1uf,250v). My friend showed me the neatly setup mountain of polys on top of the tda1541a chip. At last here comes the question: Could it be that the skippings are produced by an overheating of the chip incapable of breathing being covered as it is? As I said before it starts malfunctioning after some 4 hours or so of playing music. I would be very grateful if you could tell me which of the causes seems more likely.
Thanks everybody beforehand.
Raul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - My souped-up TDA1541A based Rotel CD player is acting up. - RAFG 09:06:43 04/02/10 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.