Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: M100 with All Film Capacitor Power Supply

Hi,

To be honest, I doubt this could be fitted, I seem to remember the old Opera sourced chassis where quite small inside.

We are talking about this?:

The FCUPS was designed to fit into the later, higher chassis with black anodised alu fronts and sides plus silver alu top panel, shown here from below:

It is too high in each orientation to fit the older chassis.

You could try to fit some big film capacitors into some of the remaining empty spaces in the chassis to connect them via a resistor after the original big power supply capacitors.

Using say 22 Ohm & 47uF would mean the film capacitor handles anything above 150Hz.

Adding a pair of 22uF capacitor to replace the capacitors on the M100 printed circuit board (obviously with long leads) would remove electrolytic capacitors from that part of the circuit.

A major upgrade can be had BTW replacing the three Wima coupling capacitors per channel (yes, three, not two) with higher quality capacitors, in case you have not done that.

Ciao T
Thor

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to intolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

Edits: 04/02/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: M100 with All Film Capacitor Power Supply - Thorsten 03:30:28 04/02/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.