Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: DAC Output Stage - a few more questions....

> It seems I could choose one of two ways to implement the UTS with my CD player:

Yes.

> 1. Obtain (1) UTS, and wire it as described in your previous post, with the 22ohm resistors to ground.
> Are there any ill effects to utilizing the DAC chip this way?

In all the cases it was tried previously, no. It is of course hard to be absolutely certain about each and every DACIC in the world or to test them all to be sure.

> 2. Obtain (2) UTS, and wire them as described on page 22, with balanced outputs.
> Page 10 shows the balanced output wiring, and it seems as though I can produce
> BOTH a single ended and balanced output in this configuration.

Yes, this will produce both Single Ended and Balanced output's in the manner that is standard for HiFi gear.

> Have you ever compared the two (single ended output) schemes?

Not directly, however the actual performance will be for all intents and purposes identical, as for the Single Ended output the effective circuit is mostly the same.

> Is there a theoretical advantage to scheme #1 vs. #2?

The key advantage is that you only buy what you need. If you eventually intend to use Balanced Outputs implementing # 2 obviously gets you ready for this. If you always want to use only single ended outputs implementing # 1 will get you the same performance and will allow you some extra cash to spend on the best quality RCA Jacks and Cables etc.

> Is the kit with power supply in stock?

Yes, it is, for either Stereo Single Ended or Stereo Balanced configuration and can ship within 24 Hours - business days.

> How long is delivery to the U.S. (CT)?

Fed-Ex 3 or 4 days. Mail package post 7 - 10 days.
DIY - Done Right!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.