Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Now that is a brilliant concept Brian!

Hello Again Brian,
I just ran across an article in 6Moons about Emission Labs producing a run of 45's in case you are interested. Their 300B XLS tubes are fantastic IMO. The microphonics in the DHT's are a real problem. I mounted mine inside a tall case to help in this regard. I realize that some methods are a little difficult for a production run but I had good success with the following.
1.Herbie Audio Labs tube dampers. 2. Mounting the tube sockets using rubber grommets or washers. If you can make up some washers made of sheet sorbothane it should help even more. 3. Last and perhaps most effective in eliminating both microphonics and RFI may be to have the tubes mounted inside a small size transformer cover (1 each) with vent holes. As the 45 does not generate that much heat a few holes at the top and bottom rear of the cover would do the trick and keep aesthetics intact. No, it is not the same as having them exposed but you still have the rectifier tube there and the possibility of removing the cover and mount if the customers' system will allow it. A good test for RFI seems to be my cell phone. I hope this helps in some way.
Regards,
Tony

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.