Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

) asynchronous USB interface, powered correctly...

Yo mon,

I ain't so sure about the details, but the Musiland gizmo thingeymaboby seems to work asynchronous, it certainly does not work as traditional USB device (transfers data in bulk mode using it's own driver, did not waste much time with this thing).

It uses on board pll to make the audio clocks from a single crystal (not a bad thing itself - the "nah-nah-pll" sayers not withstanding, the TC firewire solution used by Weiss does the same and well).

What dat sez iz - a dirty power supply will make trouble. The crystal circuit also runs of the same dirty chip power taken from USB, I'd say we have double trouble, when we want no moh troubles.

We have a jittered clock we use as referee for a fractional division pll with vco badly modulated from supply.

Who just said "Desaster Area"? Was that you Zaphod?

My Musiland sounded much worse than me modified spdif motherboard. Dub no ear good. So me send it back.

No idea how good these supplies and clocks are, but what the guys at diyhifisupply are doing should help the problems well, so no reason dub not ear good!?.

Seems an awful bodge though, not very artful at all.

Greez TAB

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.