Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Single Ended Triodes and the Art of Scotch Drinking

Ciao,
nice to make your acquaintance. I would like thank you for your contribution in making the Ladyday, Django & etc. come to fruition. Everyone that owns and operates these pieces of gear are in a debt of gratitude. I am sure you spent long hours making these circuits operate properly. We all appreciate the hard work.

That said, I feel this forum needs a healthy dose of "Listener" comments. All this technical talk can get in way of the end result. Music. I challenge everybody that reads this thread to share how this gear actually sounds to them. A healthy speckling of subjective reflections of the finished products would make this forum more rounded. Anybody listening out there?

Single Ended Triodes and the Art of Scotch Drinking.

Allow me another analogy. I agree that once you acquire a taste for SET's the finer difference's will become evident. Just as a blended Scotch can lead one to discover the Single Malt varieties. In the end a Scotch drinker settles on a brand that fits his budgets and tastes. For me that is Glenlivet (Cherry Specials). While there are endless varieties of Single Malts out there, no matter how you pour them they are still Scotch.

Its all good my friend.
Bill Allen
BaulsAudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.